Almerys announces the opening of its capital to EMZ investment fund as a minority shareholder
As a trusted third party of the French insurance ecosystem, Almerys offers mutual insurers, private insurers, bankinsurers and provident institutions comprehensive solutions for digitising and securing business processes for the management and processing of their operations.
With revenue of more than €60 million, Almerys offers its customers a wide range of services including data processing solutions and care reimbursements, compliance management and contracts management services (affiliation, insurance contribution, etc.)
Almerys is the only operator on the market to have developed a comprehensive offering that covers:
- Management of health protection claims with or without third-party payment involved: through its proprietary technology platform, Almerys manages nearly €8bn in flows per year on behalf of private insurance clients and their 16 million customers
- The largest active contracting network in the market, with more than 300,000 partner healthcare professionals
- Risk control, involving the recent development of AI-based automatic fraud detection technology solutions and hospital invoice management solutions
- A fully digitised services platform: digital third-party payment card, real-time consultation of policyholders’ rights, geolocation of accredited health professionals, service platforms
- Secured hosting of insureds health data
EMZ Partners is acquiring a minority stake in the capital of Almerys alongside current shareholder, the Be Invest group, to help speed up the group’s development of its business lines, also leveraging on external growth opportunities.
Laurent Caredda, Chairman of the Be Invest group:
“EMZ team will work alongside us to shape the future of Almerys, focusing on two areas: continuing technological innovation and the development of high value-added services.
Our approach, focused on innovation and the pursuit of excellence, which we have embraced for more than 20 years, is more relevant than ever to the roadmap of the French insurance ecosystem: in dealing with challenges around controlling costs, protecting the data assets of their portfolios, and increased efforts in the quest for differentiation, Almerys works alongside insurers, and aims to serve over the long term as their main partner in helping them to manage their services and risks.”
François Carré, CEO of EMZ Partners:
“We are delighted to support the Almerys teams in their ambitious development project. In addition to the market potential and the attractiveness of its brand, we were quickly won over by Almerys management team: its vision of tomorrow’s challenges and its desire to anticipate changes in the health and protection insurance value chain convinced us to get on board this exciting project.”
Founded in 2000 and based in Clermont-Ferrand, Almerys is a service provider to health insurance operators.
Almerys has developed a proprietary and modular infrastructure that connects healthcare professionals, patient-policyholders and insurers, processes large volumes of sensitive information and healthcare data and facilitates the development of service platforms.
About EMZ Partners
Based in Paris and Munich, EMZ Partners is an investment fund supporting medium-sized companies. It provides flexible financing solution in equity and quasi-equity for family shareholders, management teams or founders as part of their shareholder and development projects in France and the DACH region.The management company is independent and controlled by the management team. Funds are raised from major European institutional investors. The current fund is worth more than €1.0bn with investment tickets ranging from €10m to €150m.
Advisers for the deal
For Almerys/Be Invest:
- M&A advisory and financing: Transactions & Cie (Christian Ménard, Paul O’Mahony, Sixtine Belenfant, Estelle Minoret)
- Strategic VDD: BCG (Benjamin Entraygues, Laurent Rey, Florian Vergnaud)
- Financial and IT VDD: KPMG (Olivier Boumendil, Benoit Luscan, Ali Koita, Quentin Deliry)
- Legal, tax and financing advice: King & Spalding (Laurent Bensaid, Aurelia de Viry, Fernand
Arsanios, Alice Mony, Agnieska Opalach, Julien Vicariot, Elisa Lirot, Guillaume Chaboureau)
- IP/IT/Data Protection advice: Jones Day (Edouard Fortunet, Olivier Haas, Sarah Candelibes)
- Competition law: Jouvensal Fabre (Karin-Amélie Jouvensal)
For EMZ Partners:
- EMZ (François Carré, Pierre-François Gueit, Mathieu Barlet)
- Strategic DD: PMP (Marie-Sophie Houis-Valletoux, Eric Vilon, Philippe Frizon)
- Financial DD: Oderis (Aurélien Vion, César Mullet)
- Legal, tax and financing advice: Squire Patton Boggs (Charles Fabry, Anthony Guillaume, Benjamin Marché, Charles Briand, Victor Dransard, Marc-Aurèle Berret, Catherine Muyl, Stéphanie Faber, Erlin Estellon, Marion Cavalier, Terry Khayat)
- M&A advisory: Amala Partners (Nicolas Royer)
- Unitranche financing: Barings (Antoine Gosselin-Mercury, Alice Foucault, Thomas Ringeisen)
- Legal advice: Willkie Farr & Gallagher (Paul Lombard, Ralph Unger, Pauline Sarda)